Friday, April 29, 2011

Corrine, St. Faustina and Our Lady Prayer

When I saw this....I thought it fit into what we are reading....
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska’s Prayer to Mary

O Mary, Immaculate Virgin,
Pure crystal for my heart,
You are my strength, O secure anchor!
You are a shield and protection for a weak heart.

O Mary, you are pure and unparalleled,
Virgin and Mother at one and the same time;
You are beautiful as the sun, by nothing defiled.
Nothing is worthy of comparison to the image of Your soul.

Your beauty enthralled the Thrice-Holy One’s eye,
That He came down from heaven, forsaking th’eternal See’s throne,
And assumed from Your Heart Body and Blood,
Hiding for nine months in the Virgin's Heart.

O Mother, Virgin, this will no one comprehend,
That the infinite God is becoming a man;
It’s only love’s and His inscrutable mercy’s purpose. Through You, Mother---it’s given us to live with Him for ever.

O Mary, Virgin Mother and Heaven’s Gate, Through You salvation came to us;
Every grace to us streams forth through Your hands,
And faithful imitation of You only will sanctify me.

O Mother, Virgin---most beautiful Lily.
Your heart was for Jesus the first tabernacle on earth,
And that, because Your humility was the deepest,
Wherefore You were raised above Angel choirs and Saints.

O Mary, my sweet Mother,
To You I turn over my soul, my body and my poor heart,
Be the safeguard of my life,
Especially at death’s hour, in the final fight." (Diary, 161)

2 comments:

ruth said...

I love the line"Your heart was for Jesus the first tabernacle on earth" and then I always reflect upon reading that line that we are also so blessed, yet undeserving, to also be tabernacles on earth for Jesus after we receive Communion. Jesus is also within us becoming part of our being. May Mary also be our model of how to live as living tabernacles of her Son.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful Diary quote.

Janette said...

This is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I have never read this before - ever grateful that you posted this, Corrine!