Saturday, April 30, 2011

Corrine, parag. 108...Mary's virtues

I need to reflect on this whole section much more, but in the one part in the "humility" reading, this I highlighted "For the growth of this virtue, one can grow in humility by practicing one of these aspects of humility each month, and thus have a yearlong training in humility in the school of Mary. These virtues are not to be studied, but exercised."

To focus on one degree of humility at a time, instead of reading the list and thinking....how can I ever get "there"?! I must note one and have it with the daily Mass readings.....so I remember what I am focusing on because there are so many distractions! Oh Mary, our Mother, and Jesus, our Savior, open our hearts for the graces waiting and ready.

1 comment:

ruth said...

This reflection reminded me that we are in the "school of Mary" as she leads us, even through this study, in how to truly live as a disciple. .... I think of my age and how much time I have wasted and how much more I want to progress in the spiritual life ... but as with the example of humility that you gave, it is taking one step at a time and really focusing on it. May I be lead and guided by the Spirit through the powerful intercession of Mary.