Monday, May 9, 2011

Ruth: Par 120 - Application Question p. 110.

There were so many things to underline and reflect on as I was reading these paragraphs and the author's notes.
par 120: It was good to be reminded that the renewal of our Baptismal promises ratifies our consecration to Christ. ... Mary helps us reject Satan, by pointing out his snares and temptations, and leads us into a personal relationship with the Trinity in the Kingdom of God.  ... That is all so basic but such a good reminder.

par 121 - 126 talks about self-donation to Mary ..giving Mary the entire gift of ones self.   "This self-donation is so complete that we do not hope for any reward from her because of this offering except to belong completely to her Son, Jesus." We give out little and she give us her best, her Son.

The Application questions p. 110:  1.  In reflecting on question 1, I am finding that I am more frequently conscience of surrendering all to Mary.  Just as we renew our baptismal promises I find that I try to frequently renew my surrender all to Mary.  This question would be good to reflect on as part of my Examination in the evening.  Questions 3 and 4 will take lots more work. They are what I want to do but often don't remember to do.

Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

1 comment:

Corrine said...

Ruth,
I'd underlined the questions on page 110...as a reminder to DO what the questions were asking. All the questions need more work from me! It seems like when I go out of town for a few days...I lose all focus even when I get home until something jars me back into focus. So since Easter I've been out of focus. Today I hope to refocus.