Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ruth: Par 143

The previous paragraph lets of necessity of Mary's mediation and how unworthy we are go approach God's infinite Majesty by ourselves. I understand that and realize that even through Jesus came as that mediator to repair our relationship with the Father we follow His example and submit and utilize Mary.  Yet in par. 143 after talking about our need for humility St. Louie states, "On the contrary, when you are bold enough to approach God without a mediator, God flies from you and you cannot reach Him."  What about our Protestant friends who believe Jesus is the only mediator and they seem to have a very personal relationship with Jesus.   I know we have discussed this in the previous book but the wording is touch.  "God flies from you" I can understand if we have proud heart but I believe not all who avoid Mary fit in this category.  I totally believe we have the fullness of faith and the most direct and sustaining way to the Father through Jesus, Mary and the Catholic Church.  The wording is tough to handle but in humility I have to add that St. Louie is the saint and I am not.
To Jesus ... through Mary forever!!!!!

No comments: