Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ruth: Par 135 -

I am in NY caring for mom and it has again knocked me out of my routine.  This morning I was reading a post on Spiritual Direction and it talked about our Rule of Life or Program of Life and how we really should not be taking "vacations" from them as we would our other responsibilities.  Anyway, it convicted me and before I start doing the laundry, cleaning house and taking mom for a ride I opened my "Echo of God" book.
In par. 135 it reminded me that "no employment more lofty than the service of God" and I of course took this to mean in all its forms including caring for my mother, a work of mercy.
It went on to say that a commitment to be of service to God makes us servants of God ...devoted entirely and without reserve, to the utmost extent possible and that this total commitment is made possible when we humbly place all in the hands of Mary to be brought to Jesus.
Opps... company here. More later.

No comments: