Friday, May 20, 2011

Ruth: Par 136-138

I am in NY and find it very stressful caring for mom. The stress has made me need to read more "light" reading than this wonderful "Echo of God" book but I am reading and rereading bits here and there.

Today in reading Par: 135 -138 I just really felt the simple reminder to place all this in Mary's hands.  In par. 136 it states, "But this devotion makes us give to Jesus and Mary, without reserve, all our thoughts, words, actions and sufferings, every moment of our life ...whatever we do, even without thinking of it, is, by virtue of our offering ... done for Jesus and Mary. What a consolation this is!"   I just want to do just that but often need the reminder. I want to get to the point where it is done without thinking of it.
Mary I give all to you forever to bring to Jesus forever.   (Including this stressful day. Please, make good out of it.)

1 comment:

Corrine said...

Ruth,
You and your mom are in my prayers.
I also hightlighted what you mentioned in Parag. 135 and in 136. When I read that I thought...if I'd just pray the "core" part of the Consecration first thing in the morning....with that offering made...all that we do that day is done for Jesus and Mary.