Friday, March 11, 2011

Application questions pg 15

Corrine...
My first reaction to the questions was...I'll too shallow to even attempt these. But here goes....
1. My relationship with Jesus if VERY important to me. Without Him I just couldn't exist!
3. How do I pray to be humble and hidden from the world? Mary begged (she begged!) to be hidden, to be humbled, to be poor and of no account. As some of you have commented...how difficult to do in my prideful state! One way to be more conscious of this is to pray the humility prayer....sincerely...even begging!?
4. Practice silence both internally and externally....???
If I understand the question.... Silence internally: In the previous Consecration book I read about....talk to God all those times instead of the empty self-talk that can fill non-engaged times, while driving, in check out line, in house alone, in Dr. waiting room, on a walk. ...silencing all that is around me and focusing on God. External silence...I'm not one who talks unnecessarily usually...I usually think about it long enough that the conversation has moved on to something else before I speak. Okay...external silence?? with my husband retired and around here all the time...I have to go to another part of the house to have external silence. I don't know if I get the external silence of this question. Help!
9. Show more respect, honor, love and service to Our Lady, Mary......say the core of the Consecration daily to help my focus, daily rosary, depend on Mary more, spiritual reading about Mary, consider Mary's experience during Jesus' Way of the Cross... say Mary ejaculations.
I certainly welcome anyone's comments!

1 comment:

ruth said...

You are a brave one for being the first to tackle the questions. Great job. I only have a minute here but I look forward to rereading your comments and to answering the questions. This morning when reading the rest of yesterday's reading and they reading over the quetions I felt very thankful that we have a day just to reflect on the questions, the implimentation of what we are reading and reflecting on.
Mary, mother of our Redeemer and our mother, please bless this blog group and help us to help each other as we journey together.