Monday, March 14, 2011

Ruth: Reflections on par. 14-16

A phrase that I meditated on while reading this section was:  I want to see Jesus through Mary's eyes and see Mary through Jesus' eyes. It was powerful to ponder their relationship.

The beginning of par. 14 emphasizes that Mary being a mere creature is nothing at all compared to Jesus and God really had no need for her. That reminded me of Ash Wednesday which we just celebrated and where we heard: You are dust and to dust you shall return. Just as God willed Mary to "be" so he wills us to be who we are created to be.  My reflection here stayed on our nothingness, our smallness but in a way that let me feel God's greatness and great love.

2 comments:

Kim said...

He must increase; I must decrease. John 3:30

Carol said...

Ruth: That phrase is so powerful. I could not find it in the book so that I could highlight it. Thank you for sharing.