Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ruth: Applications Questions p. 21

4.  Why the Spirit choose to use Mary as his vehicle for entrance into humanity we will never know except to know that love prevailed. I think that the older I get the more I appreciate Mary's role as the new mother to mankind. My earthly mother at this point needs mothering and I often find myself turning to Mary in my need for comfort and guidance. What a blessing that Mary was choosen and gifted to us and I am so glad I have come to know and trust Mary as a gift from God rather than as a hinderance or block or as somone who takes away honor due only to God.  I have grown in my trust for Mary especially over the last 5 years as I have been under the spiritual leadership of a very holy pastor.

7.  Our pastor, prior to praying the third Glorious Mystery and at many other times prays the following prayer that I have now added to my own prayer life ....
"Come Holy Spirit, Come my means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse."
This question is a good reminder to pray this prayer more

No comments: