Saturday, March 12, 2011

Janette: late entry in re: par 7 and one ditto

If it is not allowable to comment on a past reading assignment, please correct me - so I won't do this in the future!  I am trying to savor the readings and am just catching up today to where we should be reading-wise on the roster. 
COMMENT in re: par 7 - I was struck in regard to the 4 aspects of Mary's virtues - that the dsecriptions attached to them 'effect all', so to speak - HEIGHT of her merits, BREADTH of her charity, LENGTH of her power, DEPTH (abyss) of her humility.  Her influence is EVERYWHERE - height, breadth, length and depth.  I lingered with that thought for quite some time - and found an authentic place of peace and comfort in its truth.
DITTO:  to Tom's reflection regarding St Michael the archangel and his connection to Mary - and the encouragement to 'earnestly seek' his intercession and protection as we grow in our love for Mary - and in our fidelity to the practice of true devotion.  I arrived at another place of peace and fortification with this thought.

1 comment:

ruth said...

Thank you for the beautiful reflection. Reading all the different posting keeps bringing me back and calling me to reflect again on the words, thoughs, insights of that section. I gain so much by reading the comments of others.
I ask that people don't post ahead but other than that there are no rules. The reading schedule is posted to keep us moving through the book but everyone has to post as it is convenient for him or her. That is one of the beauties of doing a blog book study. May the Spirit guide us as we move closer to Jesus through Mary.