Friday, March 11, 2011

Ruth: Reflections on p. 5 and following

p. 5  "St. Louis further reveals that admission to this sanctuary - the Immaculate Heart of Mary - is God's gift to those who practice true devotion." The phrase, Admission to this sanctuary" really struck a cord. I have had a few high stress days from some internal turmoil and the idea of a sanctuary really resonated with me. I find a great source of comfort in placing myself in the sanctuary of the hearts of Jesus & Mary.  Now to remember this gift of place.

In p. 6 it talks about Mary admitting to the wonders that God has worked in her.  Do you have a hard time when someone give a compliment or makes a statement about how the Lord is working in or through you?  I do. I find it hard to respond when someone makes a statement of any kind about the wonderous deeds the Lord is doing or has done in or through me. Mary however, in sincere humility, and far greater deeds with purity, grace, and honesty can respond in a way that echos down all generations to us.  "He that is mighty has done great things to me."  Shouldn't we be able to say the same?

p. 7 "the length of her power, which she exercises even over God Himself, is incomprehensible"  ... I through that this was a powerful phrase and reflected on it and other scriptural references showing our power over God. Prayers have changed things. Oh my! What awesome virtues are models for us: merits, charity, power and humility.

Lord, I truly desire and hope that through Mary's model and intercession I (we) can grow in merit, charity, power and humility.

1 comment:

Corrine said...

Ruth's comment about p. 6....Have a hard time when someone compliments me........ When someone compliments me..saying I've done something well.....I want to say "thanks be to God for the talents He gave me" but I don't have the guts to say it. I suppose that comes from being afraid of being thought of as a religious "geek"? And why am I afraid to give praise to God!