Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ruth: Reflection on par. 20 ...

Did you notice the beautiful prayer by St. Ildephonsus at the end of par. 20?
'I beg you, holy Virgin, that I may have Jesus from the Holy Spirit, by whom you brought Jesus forth.
May my soul receive Jesus through the Holy Spirit by whom your flesh conceived Jesus...
May I love Jesus in the Holy Spirit in whom you adore Jesus as Lord and gaze upon Him as your son.'

In the author's notes on this paragraph he brings out that the more one is devoted to Mary the more one receives the Holy Spirit and His gifts and can grow in virtue. I love to see the unity of faith.  A long time ago when I was in a prayer group the Holy Spirit was the focus but Mary was left out and almost rejected. Those situations leaf spiritual scars that are slowly being healed through these awesome readings and a wonderful pastor who has True Devotion to Mary. I liked the statement that True Devotion shows "the Spirit and the Bride are operating together."

No comments: