Thursday, March 10, 2011

Carmela

My names is Carmela and I live in Putnam County, New York - 50 miles north of NYC. I made the Consecration 10 years ago with a group in my parish but to be quite honest, I didn't really understand the depth of it then and I've tried to renew my commitment several times over the years - not too successfully. So I am really excited to be able to do this with all of you. I have never blogged before and am not all that savvy at it! I do have the book but just started last night. In reading paragraph 2 regarding Mary's beautiful desire to be "hidden and unknown", I felt such awe at her humility, and at the same time, sadness for myself in knowing how difficult that is for me. To really be okay with being forgotten, hidden, unknown - I pray for the grace to have a heart like that someday!

3 comments:

ruth said...

The humility of spirit that you refer to is also a desire of my heart and I hope that in reading this book and with Mary's intercession and modeling, we will grow in virtue and love for the Lord.
Glad you joined the book study/blog.

LeafedOut said...

Mary being "hidden and unknown" struck me as well. I can't imagine desiring that for myself but at the same time know that I should desire it. The feeling of being invisible is not a good feeling for me. It makes me resentful. So how can I desire that? I think Carmela got it right when she said, "I pray for the grace to have a heart like that."

By the way, I'm Jean from Cedar Rapids, and am new to blogging.

Mary Jo said...

I have trouble with feeling unloved when faced with being hidden and un- noticed. I realize this is the time
that I am privledged with the opportunity to grow in humility but it is hard. Thank goodness we have our Blessed Mother to turn to. Growing in virtue will make it easier! I will pray!!!