Monday, March 7, 2011

Corrine: Intro pgs 1-5

The author comments about Pope John Paul II’s teaching in the apostolic letter about the rosary, where the pope called on us to “contemplate with Mary the face of Christ” and that the rosary is a means of contemplating Jesus through Mary’s eyes. At one time I remember saying a version of the Stations of the Cross that was through Mary’s eyes. I remember I liked her resignation to God’s will and she knew this had to be….and her quiet and continued prayer. Quiet….

Yes, prayerfully going through another book about the Consecration to Jesus through Mary, is like taking one more layer off….one time through is not enough. There is really more to learn each time.

I liked when the author pointed out a “core” of the consecration…and that the core could be renewed daily. I have to remember to keep in mind….the baptismal promises and the consecration throughout this study….the “core” daily.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I am going to try to do the Stations in that manner. I have tried to place myself at the foot of the Cross looking up at him; but never in Mary's shoes. Thanks for the idea.