Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ruth: Ash Wednesday readings

I started reading the assigned readings this early morning at Adoration. Right off I read in the second line that devotion to Mary leads directly and quickly into knowledge of Jesus and this into zeal for evangelization. I know the truth of those words in my own heart and life.  Everything that I do in my spiritual life I yearn to share with others so that they can grow in deeper and deeper love of Jesus.
I liked the image of Mary's continued maternity, giving birth to Jesus in our lives.
Reading of Mary's perfect humility is making me really examine a constant "thorn in my side." I see that I am not responding in humility but in frustration and judgement. Maybe this study and a good Confession will help me handle this with Marian humility. Like Mary and St. Paul, I would like to be able to say, "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." I have a long way to go but in Christ, with Mary as my model, all things are possible.
That was my reflection from last night.  Now I have to finish the rest of the reading, meditation and reflection sometime today.

I love Lent and am so glad that you will all be part of this year's Lenten journey.

With and through Mary to our Jesus may our Lenten experience be fruitful.
=========================================================
If anyone is still trying to figure out their Lenten commitments I can tell you about the Divine Mercy Challenge & Pledge that our pastor issued.  Just let me know if you are interested in hearing about it.

1 comment:

Corrine said...

Ruth, when I read St. Paul's "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me." Gal. 2:20This brought back my thoughts when we did "Consecration to Mary" a month or so ago....Oh to have this true devotion I must empty myself!