Monday, March 14, 2011

Kim - Introduction

Hello everyone! I'm Kim Smith, the one who had surgery on Ash Wednesday. Thanks for your prayers. The surgery went well, and I'm now recuperating at home for the next 1-2 weeks, so I'd appreciate your continued prayer support.

I'm from Cedar Rapids, IA, and I was part of the last blog on the True Consecration to Jesus through Mary. I loved it, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the Echo of God blog. I have my book, and I'm going to start reading and contributing tomorrow. I'll try to catch up, but like Janette, I may post on earlier assignments for a few days, if that's okay.

By the way, you can discover a treasure of Marian articles at this web site:

http://www.tfp.org/tfp-home/about-our-lady/

I hope they help to deepen your faith and trust in Our Lady.

3 comments:

ruth said...

So glad your surgery was successful and you are now home recovering. Praise God!

Carol said...

Thank you for posting that site for Mary. I am going to make use of it until I get my book. When I went in to see what it was like earlier today, I looked at an article about the Miraculous Medal. In it it mentioned St. Catherine Leboure. It's like I was supposed to see this. My 16 year old granddaughter that I am raising is making her Confirmation this year and must do a paper on a saint. When I asked her which one she wanted, she said St. Catherine. I asked her which one and she said she didn't know and asked me to help her find the right one. It's almost like I was supposed to read this. I think I will get a lot from this site. Thanks once again!

Kim said...

You're welcome, Carol. I'm glad you found the site useful! The story of St. Catherine Laboure and the Miraculous Medal is fascinating!