Saturday, March 19, 2011

Carmela...Par. 18-20

This book is so beautifully packed that it is impossible to read one or two sentences without being thrust into deep prayer!

Par. 18 I love how St. Louis says "that He might make with her but one same sacrifice....by her consent". He then likens it to the offering of Isaac by Abraham. It really made me think about Mary's consent in the sacrifice of her son. That she was a full participant in, and not just a victim of, this sacrifice solely for us.

The author writes about "a divine paradox between 'imprisonment/liberty' and 'pleasure' in her womb and how this hiddenness of Jesus is a piece of the cross "in its most embryonic stage where He first lays down His life in obedience to the Father's Will." So much hiddenness in the womb of Mary and so much freedom and sacrifice all happening at the same time. I pray that we may all find ourselves hidden in this most blessed womb.

Par. 20 On the inseparability of Mary and the Holy Spirit - something I never really thought about - it gives me a whole new meaning and understanding of Mary's role in my life - a real active one. How beautiful said by St. Louis that the more the Holy Spirit finds Mary in a soul, the more "active and mighty He becomes in producing Jesus Christ in that soul, and that soul in Jesus Christ - our deepest desire.

1 comment:

ruth said...

I have had a very busy weekend with no time to read the book or blog. This posting refreshed me on what we just read and helped me to refocus on some of the beautiful areas for reflection and growth that we have been reading. Thanks for taking the time to post. My soul is again in awe of Mary and the role I want her to have in my life.